21/12/2008

black hearts and facts about me


Here is what happened to the gingerbread-hearts from last post ... And here are some facts about me - 7 for Karen, 7 for Ritva who were so nice to tag me a while ago:

- I am a very bad cookie-baker.

- Until recently, I thought there were parachutes, not life vests under the seats in airplanes. After I found out, I am not scared of travelling by plane anymore.

- I would like to play harp and hammond organ.

- I want to learn japanese and icelandic.

- If I could choose where to work in the whole world, it would be New York City Library.

- I love books.

- I was a scout for many years against my will until I found out I could just quit.

- I tried to like dark chocolate for a long time like every other grownup woman with good taste and manners but finally I admit; I prefer it sweet.

- My oldest son has his middle name after Noam Chomsky and my youngest after Linton Kwesi Johnson.

- I love Stockholm.

- My tendency to dress in tweed and drink portwine comes from reading too much Agatha Christie when I was ten.

- I desperately need a driver's license.

- politics interests me more and more

- I never feel bored

Happy holiday to all friends and readers!
I will be back in 2009.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The parachut thing is a good story, I still smile when I think about when you found out!
See you soon...

Bohemian girl said...

I used to read Agatha Christie when I was a kid as well! I was little older, 14, 15, I wasn't as developed. And I stopped after I had read too many and started to realize too early who the murderer was.
I like your self irony in your post. Shall I call it a self irony? You nicely confess things about yourself.

artycho said...

Have a lovely holiday too!

Jill said...

great list! i agree...i love books, tweed, libraries and yes, i am never bored. well, unless i am stuck on the playground with children and no friends to talk to, but i ususally bring a book to make sure i have something to do :) happpy holidays, Line!

Ritva said...

have a peaceful xmas, line!
your facts were a pleasure :)
thanks!

Anonymous said...

Japanese and Icelandic... super challenging... but, oh! how wonderful they sound when spoken.

See you in 2009! May it see the continuation of luck, love and creativity for one and all.

leena said...

Happy holiday!

K. said...

I knew your answers would be interesting! Thank you!

I also love books. And there are some literary connections in the names of my sons too! and I also still have to get the driver's licence, but I don't feel desperate. I'm happy with my feet, my bike and some busses but everybody else wants me to get a driver's licence. so yes, I should.....

God jul!!!

Laura in Paris said...

Greetings from Paris and thank you for sharing things about you with us!
Have a Happy and Healthy 2009!

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful and refreshingly honest list.

Anonymous said...

Nice holidays dear Line. These facts are very funny and personal.

therese said...

jøss, hvordan har jeg klart å overse denne bloggen?? tror jeg har mer eller mindre droppet alle norske blogger. men her må jeg visst surfe litt rundt og ta meg en titt:) fant deg via manteli.