05/01/2009

winter reading



I read Tove Janssons Moominland Midwinter. The story of how Moomintroll wakes up too early from hibernation to explore the unknown world of winter is just perfect for these first, quiet days of the year. Quiet and cold. This has been the coldest day so far after we moved to this old house. I keep close to the fire, making plans, writing lists, preparing the first steps into this new year.
.......
One of the first things that happened this year: someone sent me flowers!

7 comments:

Bohemian girl said...

Let the first steps in this new year be happy for you!

hannna said...

sounds wonderful! our house is pretty cold too. but it's the first winter...
happy new year to you and your family too!

and your facts were really interesting and nice to read.
another 14 would be nice! many points in common with me too.

K. said...

in Swedish the book is called "Sent i november" - and that's when I like to read this book. It's so wonderful how they get excited about Christmas to come and believe it's a person.

hannna said...

hello, (sorry) i think it's called Trollvinter in swedish. there is also a november book, that's when the moomin family was not there. yes?

Anonymous said...

who sent you flowers!????

Line said...

Karen and Hanna - It is Trollvinter I read these days, when the year has just begun in the moomin valley ...

K. said...

oh yes, I mixed them up. I blame T: he loves the moomin books as much as we do and he comes running with them all the time, we read one chapter here and one chapter there, in no specific order. No wonder I get confused...