04/03/2009

primula and porridge




Primula are the first perennials to appear in our garden, planted long before we came to the house. I have already seen tiny, light green signs ofit in the mud.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is a flower I have not really cared about before, but yesterday I bought some to lighten up indoors while we wait for spring to come for real. I did not know they smell so good - like having a whole flowershop inside.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made porridge for three today. We eat a lot of butter in this familiy.

10 comments:

Jill said...

i love primroses! i have a white one on my windowsill at the moment, but i really like your yellow ones. they are so cheery. we eat a lot of butter at our house too :)

artycho said...

Your picture seems to come straight out from the three bears tale!

K. said...

and you eat a lot of porridge! Big portions, I'm impressed!

Laura in Paris said...

Many of the plants in my deck did not survive the freeze this past winter. I decided to get rid at last of the geraniums (couldn't get mysleft to throuw them away, the frost did it for me) and bought pink primulas! Hope they'll be there next year ...

Ritva said...

primula and porridge,
sounds like promise!
spring!!

fliss said...

Beautiful photos that jumped out at me.Enjoy your lovely primroses and delicious looking porridge. We too eat a lot of butter in our family!

Ulrika said...

Nu har jag också köpt primulor. Blev inspirerad av dina bilder och nu står blommorna här på bordet och ser vårlika ut och luktar gott!

Yehia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hannna said...

you are "away" a long time...
I liked my break a lot (even though it was half forced for me), and I question this hobby a lot. but it would be nice to hear from you in some format.

(the above was me, wrong name)

Laura in Paris said...

I love primulas but I cannot get them anymore .. off season it seems ... so I had to buy impatients ...