17/11/2008

a week for two: the gallery


I have a new job - at a small gallery by the lighthouse where I will help out from time to time. At the moment there is an Art Brut - exhibition, turning my view of the world inside out, very strong, I am proudly presenting. This book is a treasure if you find this corner of the art world interesting.

I had to bring little tiger with me on this first day, making it sort of crazy; I was trying to look professional, he was trying to eat the art. This will be a week for two as orangutang and father are in the big city. Welcome back to see more of the two of us!

10 comments:

Liivia said...

I LIKE!

hannna said...

hei! i have worked at a gallery too, and i have brought a baby there... it's hard to look professional even if the baby sleeps.
but how romantic can it get; gallery by the lighthouse! art brut is super interesting, it would be fun to look for artists.

leena said...

I like too!

Your job sounds so...perfect!

Line said...

It sounds idyllic and perfect, I know - but another time I will tell you how I struggle to get there through the winterstorms with a baby and no car ... I am not complaining, though - it is perfect, even though it is only a couple of hours a week.
Thank you for nice comments!

Bohemian girl said...

Congratulation for the job! Art brut can never dissapoint. Do many people come to the gallery?

Line said...

bohemian girl - yes, people come, but mostly to see the sea and the storms, afterwards they come in for some warmth and some art.

K. said...

the upper left painting is great!

I can imagine your struggle with saving the art from your baby's appetite, but I think it's important to bring our babies to work sometimes (as far as possible). It's not either babies or work, either mother or professional, we are both. Well done, Line!

Anonymous said...

Hi Line, I like the photos of the art and I like how you describe the work in the gallery with your little one :)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see that exhibition in person... such brilliance, and so inspiring!

Belle Fleur de Lis - Lotte Janssens said...

good luck with your new job !